Make a Difference
CASE FOR SUPPORT
Currently, the Virginia Diabetes Council has single-stream funding, which does not allow us the flexibility to pursue a wider-range of work we believe is critical, including:
- Meeting the needs of people with diabetes.
- Supporting those who have prediabetes, along with their family members.
- Increasing the accessibility of tools and educational resources for those who may be diabetic or have prediabetic conditions.
- Educating millions of others who are at risk and inspire them to make healthy lifestyle choices and reverse their disease trajectory.
WE NEED ALTERNATE FUNDING TO:
- Recruit and train more volunteers to reach underserved populations and at-risk communities.
- Support Type 1 families with cutting-edge technology, information, and determined advocacy.
- Develop a larger cadre of committed, knowledgeable speakers who can educate across the Commonwealth.
- Target specific ethnicities and socio-economic groups who are at greater risk for diabetes and prediabetes.
- Enhance social media to reach a wider audience not only for those who have diabetes, but also for those who are at imminent risk.